WHAT IT MEANS TO WORK FOR CARISBROOKE SHIPPING
If you feel you have the right qualities to become a valued member of our team, please fill in and submit the application form, together with a letter of introduction. Copies of certificates may be forwarded at a later date.
TECHNICAL FLEET MANAGER
Carisbrooke Shipping Ltd manages a growing fleet of General Cargo vessels. We are currently seeking to expand our technical team and invite applications for the above position.
The ideal candidate would be qualified as a Marine Chief Engineer Officer with suitable sea going experience or equivalent Senior Merchant Marine Officer with relevant experience. The successful candidate will be working as part of a close Technical and Operations Team, responsible for the Technical Management of a growing fleet of Dry Cargo / Multi-Purpose ships. You must be computer literate, organised, motivated and enjoy working in a high paced environment.
Reporting directly to the Senior Fleet Manager, main responsibilities will include:
- Implementation & monitoring of vessel maintenance program
- Monitoring ships safety, planning & arranging surveys
- Liaising with class societies and flag administrations to ensure compliance
- Monitoring vessels performance & implementing improvements
- Communicating with vessels to provide direct technical support
- Ensuring defects & deficiencies where identified are resolved
- Preparing & monitoring vessels operational budgets
- Preparing drydock spec’s and organising repairs and maintenance
- Liaising with Technical Superintendents on the day to day technical issues
- Ensuring vessels are appropriately stores & provisioned
- Preparing reports for interested parties on technical aspects of your fleet
We are a friendly family based company located in the picturesque town of Cowes, Isle of Wight. We offer an attractive salary and benefits package (contributory pension scheme, life insurance, private health cover).
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.Please send your CV to:
Carisbrooke Shipping Limited
Bridge House, 38 Medina Road,
Cowes, PO31 7EA
Isle of Wight, UK
Tel: 01983 284141
We own and operate a fleet of over 27 modern dry cargo and multi-purpose vessels from offices in Cowes and Rotterdam. Carisbrooke’s Office in Leer, Germany is now closed.