OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
CARISBROOKE SHIPPING LIMITED
VACANCY - IT Manager
Full time – Office based
Carisbrooke Shipping are owners and managers of a fleet of dry bulk cargo vessels trading worldwide.
We are looking to recruit into our team a well-rounded, driven IT Manager based at our Head Office in Cowes, Isle of Wight. The ideal candidate would have a great knowledge of Hardware, Networking, Server Software and have strong critical thinking skills to support the business.
Applicants should be self-motivated, confident, methodical, and possess good communication skills. The role involves working closely with the Management Team to ensure the business functions effectively.
Specific duties include:
- Smooth running of the company IT systems and providing technical support for day-to-day operations to the employees and vessels.
- Managing business critical systems and applications and other IT Core infrastructure elements.
- Assuring that IT activities are within the limits of applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Managing IT projects, agreeing costs and working to timescales.
- Manage and reviewing security requirements of the network, data and its storage and communication systems.
- Reviewing and negotiating for new airtime contracts & equipment including satellite communications systems onboard ships.
- Developing and improving our systems.
- Remotely accessing company computers to assist with IT issues installed onboard vessels.
Ideal candidate would have the following experience / knowledge / characteristics:
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills.
- Champion continuous improvements of systems and processes within the business.
- Communicates issues in advance to prevent potential impacts.
- Ability to define Data and Systems requirements.
- An understanding of the shipping/maritime environment would be an advantage.
Competitive salary according to qualifications and experience, with a good benefits package offered after a qualifying period.
Apply to writing with a copy of your CV to:
HR Manager Lisa Straughton, email to: email@example.com
Carisbrooke Shipping Limited, Bridge House, 38 Medina Road, Cowes, PO31 7DA,
(For further company information please visit our website: www.carisbrooke.co)
WHAT IT MEANS TO WORK FOR CARISBROOKE SHIPPING
If you feel you have the right qualities to become a valued member of our team, please fill in and submit the application form, together with a letter of introduction. Copies of certificates may be forwarded at a later date.
We own and operate a fleet of over 34 modern dry cargo and multi-purpose vessels from offices in Cowes and Rotterdam. Carisbrooke’s Office in Leer, Germany is now closed.