WELCOME TO OUR CADET TRAINING PAGE
“Officer Cadet Recruitment for January 2024”
Important Guidance Notes
- Applicants must be a national of the United Kingdom, a member state of the European Economic Area, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and be permanent residents of the United Kingdom for a minimum of 12 months prior to the start of the Cadet training programme.
- Minimum requirements for all courses are four GCSE’s at grade 4 and or C (or above) , which must include Mathematics, a Physical Science and English
- Applicants must pass a medical examination and drug and alcohol abuse screening before commencement
- All Cadets should be at least 18 years of age before the start of their first sea phase.
- Starting Training Salary for Cadets in Year 1 of training is GBP 800.00 per month. The salary in year 2 is GBP 875.00 increasing to GBP 925.00 per month in year 3. These salaries apply to both college and sea phases.
Officer Cadet Applications are now open for the January 2024 intake at Warsash Maritime School, Solent University for both Deck and Engineering candidates. Please e-mail our Cadet Training Officer, Dave McDine at firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself and to request an application form.
The closing date for applicants is Friday 17th November 2023.